Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guide: Windurst Fame

Go down

Guide: Windurst Fame Empty Guide: Windurst Fame

Post  Guest Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:23 pm

This week Bastok is in 1st place. This is an excellent week for anyone needing Windurst fame to get it. If you have a friend to help with this it makes it go faster. Here is how.

Go to the Music Shop in Bastok Markets (K-10) and buy cornettes. I'm not quite sure how many it takes to get full fame but if you're starting at the lowest fame possible then it's going to take several trips. Once you have an inventory full you then go to Windurst.

Windurst Walls - Yoran-Oran (E-5) He will buy the cornettes from you. He buys them for nearly what you paid in Bastok. You won't lose a lot of gil getting fame this way. Again, it depends where your fame is at before you begin as to how much you'll be spending overall. If you have a helper then they can continue to send you the cornettes so you can jog back and forth to Yoran-Oran with your inventory full. Talk to him first, in order to flag the quest. Then begin to trade one at a time.

Checking your fame in Windurst:
Go to Windurst Waters. I wouldn't bother until you've delivered at least 100 cornettes to Yoran-Oran.
Windurst Related Fame Evaluation NPC: Zabirego-Hajigo (Windurst Waters North, F-10 Timbre-Timbers Inn)
Level 1
[Name]? Hmm... Sorry, but I never heard that name before.
Level 2
[Name]? Hmm... Now, was that the name of the...? No, that was some other lady/lord.
Level 3
Oh, you're the [Name] that people are starting to talk about. I've heard pretty good things about you.
Level 4
Why, if it isn't [Name]! I heard some guys talking about you over their dinners at the eatery last night.
They had nothing but good things to say about you. Keep up the good work!
Level 5
Hello there, [Name]! There aren't many Windurstians who don't know that name. We're all proud to
have you on our side! Keep up the great work!
Level 6
Mister/Miss [Name]! You'd have to be living in a hole somewhere not to have heard that name.
All the bards in the land are singing songs of your outstanding deeds. Keep up the extraordinary work!
Level 7
Mister/Miss [Name]! There isn't a soul in all of Windurst that has yet to hear the tales of your feats.
Why, I remember when you were just a fledgling adventurer. It seems like just yesterday...
Level 8
A day doesn't go by when I fail to hear a tale of your deeds. I am proud to be a citizen of the
same great country as Sir/Lady [Name]. Keep up the marvelous work!
Level 9
Sir/Lady [Name]! I am honored to have the hero of Windurst in my presence. Every man and
woman in the country knows by heart the tales of your courage. May the Goddess shine her
light of grace upon you.

Reasons to get Windy Fame:
So you can flag quests such as getting Fenrir, Diabolos, Ramhu and Ifrit avatars, Warp II (D2), Teleport-Mea, Aspir etc. You also will have a higher sell/buy price when your fame is up. If you're a crafter in the Windy region, this will be a big help to you. (Culinary, Bone, Cloth, Goldsmith (Mhaura), Blacksmith (Mhaura).) You can also flag additional quests in Kazham and Mharua with higher fame since they are connected directly to the nation of Windurst.

A full guide to fame can be found here. http://ffxi.somepage.com/fame.php Oddly enough they don't mention this method, and it's the easiest to do. Most likely because it requires Bastok to be in 1st place as it is now. You can do this if Bastok is in 2nd place but the price difference goes up. If Bastok is in last place they do not sell cornettes.

Happy Fame Hunting!
Allie

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum