Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Under New Management (Reply's Needed)

+15
Tanjer
Saigon
Mikata
Achil
Dancingweapon
Littletoughguy
igu
Auberjeen
Chianna
Justinp
Athilorian
tidustom
chasey
Byla
Lechero
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Under New Management (Reply's Needed) Empty Under New Management (Reply's Needed)

Post  Lechero Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:09 am

Hey all,

If you missed Kirin on Sunday you may have missed the news about me taking over lead in Atomic. Current event leaders will be:

- Sky - Lechero
- Sea - Darkraziel
- Limbus - Warmachine/Lechero (Currently looking for someone to take over leading Limbus, if your interested reply here or contact me)

Right now we will continue with the usual schedule alternating weeks for Sky/Sea:

Sunday: God's / Jailer's 230PM EST + Limbus Following.

Monday: Free day

Tuesday: NA Sky/Sea Farming 830PM EST

Wednesday: Limbus

Thursday: EU Sky/Sea Farming

Friday: Free day

Saturday: Free day

The only change being made to any event is the current drop distribution. We will be moving to a points/bidding system like limbus. There is one exception: Due to kiting strat's used for gods/jailers/NM's the next Wlegs drop will not go up for bid. That drop will go to achill who will be a full time PLD in those situations. There will be a point deduction for them, that deduction will be decided at a later time.

For those wondering about current attendance points, they will be transffered over with some deductions for gear already obtained.

Aside from the new bidding system in sky/sea and some minor cosmetic changes to the forum everything will be staying as is.

I would like everyone to respond to this post answering some questions:

- Which event(s) will you be participating in? Dropping?

- Are you interested in starting or participating in a new event on one of the free days. If so which?

- Would you be up for not alternating weeks for sky and sea? (this could possibly lead to 1 or 2 of the free days to turn into another farming day).

- Do you have any questions / comments / suggestions? Please list them here.

I need to see what kind of roster's we are working with and how much recruitment needs to be done so i need everyone to reply.

Sky:

Lechero
Darkraziel
Athi
Chianna
Aub
Igu
Dancingweapon
Littletoughguy
Achil
Mikata
Bourdainer
Auroralight
Caranthir
Atef
Tidustom

Sea:

Lechero
Darkraziel
Athi
Justinp
Dancingweapon
Achil
Mikata
Bourdainer
Atef
Tidustom

Limbus:

Atef
Dancingweapon
Justinp
Lechero
Byla
Achil
Mikata
Saigon
Bourdainer
Tidustom

Last edited by Lechero on Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:43 am; edited 20 times in total

Lechero
Admin

Back to top Go down

Under New Management (Reply's Needed) Empty Thank You Lech for keeping things alive at Atomic

Post  Byla Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:14 am

Sunday- I am able to log in for Limbus due to RL situations. Will log on for earlier event when possible.
Mon or Tues 8:30pm EST can do Sea or Sky farming as needed.
Wed-Thurs can help with scheduled events if after 8:30pm EST.
Fri-Sat tied up w Salvage.
Byla
Byla
Advanced Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Under New Management (Reply's Needed) Empty Re: Under New Management (Reply's Needed)

Post  Guest Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:02 pm

Lechero wrote:The only change being made to any event is the current drop distribution. We will be moving to a points/bidding system like limbus...For those wondering about current attendance points, they will be transffered over with some deductions for gear already obtained.

How exactly is this going to work?
Lechero wrote: the next Wlegs drop will not go up for bid. That drop will go to achill who will be a full time PLD in those situations.
And this is wrong.

Back to top Go down

Under New Management (Reply's Needed) Empty Re: Under New Management (Reply's Needed)

Post  chasey Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:08 pm

I'm just glad to see u guys stood up and plan to continue the great work bro has set into motion. Glad to see lech and Dr have taken up that role...Goodluck guys, I will log on when the time is right. Sorry I cant help u guys at the moment Sad
Anyway, have a great xmas and new yr every1. C u in the new yr Smile

chasey
chasey
chasey

Back to top Go down

Under New Management (Reply's Needed) Empty Under New Management

Post  tidustom Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:06 pm

Congratulations and good luck guys, I am glad to see the linkshell still alive.

I have no problem with the new drop system, works in other shells so no reason it shouldn't work here,

What I will ask is what happens to the linkshell bank, as this was used to purchase cursed items etc. and I need the gil. lol

Just like to wish everyone good luck, and a merry Christmas too, although I will see you all before xmas
tidustom
tidustom
Advanced Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post  Athilorian Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:26 pm

Sea/Sky. Already do Limbus with another shell.

- Are you interested in starting or participating in a new event on one of the free days. If so which?

Sure. ZNM?

- Would you be up for not alternating weeks for sky and sea? (this could possibly lead to 1 or 2 of the free days to turn into another farming day).

Whut?

Athilorian
New Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post  Justinp Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:51 am

I can make the events except the Thursday one. However, don't count me in without my approval <_<. I didn't even know I was signed up for Kirin last sunday. I like the light schedule Atomic has now and if more event days were added I probably wouldn't participate in them because heavy scheduled linkshells wear me out. I have nothing against doing ZNM and SCNM reallly, but I'm rather tired out of doing those also considering I can solo a lot of the SCNMs and some of the ZNMs. Mainly joined for Sea and still need a few Sky pieces. If I'm online though, I will be there for ZNM and SCNM.

Justinp
Advanced Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post  Chianna Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:57 pm

- Sky (no sea or limbus access yet).

- Would like to participate in ZNM, Nyzul Isle if statics are created.

- Either works for me.

- Nope.

Chianna
New Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post  Auberjeen Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:56 pm

Which event(s) will you be participating in? Dropping?
Sky for now, I don't have access to CoP areas yet.

I had actually spoken to Tanjer once about starting up ZNM's again. If there is enough interest in the group, I would like to help run this section. I know I am new to the shell, and haven't had a real chance to be active as I don't have sea, but I would like to prove myself by helping to run ZNM's.

I'd love to do sky at least once a week, as it's all I can really assist the shell with at this time.

Auberjeen
New Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post  igu Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:10 am

I'll be up for all Atomic events, but yet I need to remind you that I have no Sea or Limbus access ok!?

I'm working on it but it is slowly like a turtle...

Anyway, thanks for keeping Atomic alive! ^^
igu
igu
Expert Adventurer

http://www.goduto.com.br/

Back to top Go down

Post  Littletoughguy Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:38 pm

I'm up for sky as it is the only thing I can attend lol

Littletoughguy
New Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dancingweapon Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:54 pm

I'll keep coming to sky, sea and limbus.

None for me please, I like my time being pretty free.

Depends on days and times, if it's on a friday night then count me out for that one.

I really do not like the idea of leaders choosing who gets what drop but it won't make me leave the shell. I just feel that if you work harder you deserve the gear more.

Me and Justin was talking about Limbus. If noone wants to take leadership we are willing to give it a shot. However, I want the shells feedback as we are both new members and I don't want to seem like we taking stuff over or anything. I'll probably make another thread soon asking for opinions.

Dancingweapon
Advanced Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post  Achil Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:26 am

I'm in for sky, sea, limbo. Sadly, i have dynamis monday and thursday evening.
And i'm interested in ZNM and maybe Enherjar.
I can help for nyzul climbs if I have tags, even more for DR since atonement can help a lot.

Achil
New Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikata Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:09 pm

Lech and Dark.. thank you guys for stepping forward. I wish I had the time and energy to lead events, but I know I do not. I will gladly help, as always.

-Mika

this works for me:
Tue, farming sea or sky
Wed, Limbus (I can attend occasionally)
Sun, Sea or Sky events and Limbus

so, still attending Sky, Sea, and Limbus, and other LS events if my schedule/IRL permits
I have Dynamis on Wed and Sat evenings

I am interested in ZNM and a Nyzul Isle static. I can typically go on Mon, Thur or Friday 8:30p and maybe Saturday afternoons with some pre-scheduling (all ET).

I'm not exactly how this would be scheduled. But here's my suggestion: until we finish using the Kirin popsets we already have, I think we ought to alternate Sea and Sky events on Sundays. After that, I think the schedule could move to a 1:2 ratio Sky to Sea.. so one Sunday in Sky, the two Sundays in Sea.. this would put a greater emphasis on sea after we use the current popsets, but still allow us to get some gear in Sky for those who still need it. This will also give us some time to get ppl through cop who need that and get more of us in Sea.

1) I think it would be great if, once the dust settles and we're back in a groove, that perhaps we can schedule some ls special events periodically on Saturday afternoons (so EUs and NAs can possibly all attend). I'm thinking of things like: swift belt, bomb queen ring, sorboro runs, tier 4 ZNMs. Even if such runs only happened once a month, I think it would be a good addition.

2) I agree with Tidus that we ought to keep the LS bank concept going. I am willing to create a mule that lives in Jeuno and a spreadsheet to track gilz, if that is useful. Tanjer always handled this before, but I am willing to take it on if ppl want.

Mikata
Advanced Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saigon Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:02 am

i will be participating in limbus for sure. i cant realy commit to anything else right now but if i am free i will help with other endgame stuff. but i will log on for limbus as usual. i havent been on the past few runs cause i thought we were done, but im glad to hear your taking over Smile
Saigon
Saigon
New Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanjer Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:51 am

It is fantastic to see that Atomic will be moving on! Thank you everyone for keep going with what have been something great for us all!

I have cleared all of my mules for popsets. Lechero and Chianna now holds everything I had including the Linkshell bank.
How the Linkshell will sort it out for the best benefit, I will leave up to the Leads.

Adding new events to the schedule seems to me like a fantastic idea. Loads of great gear to obtain yet for you all.

I am no longer doing endgame stuff (Limbus will be what I do if any, but only until my popset is cleared), but I hope that
everything Dark, Lech, Ten and Mika are working on will be appreciated and that attendance for those events will be good.

-Tanjer
Tanjer
Tanjer

https://www.facebook.com "Karsten Larsen" feel free to look me up

Back to top Go down

Post  Lechero Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:12 am

Kewlman wrote:
Lechero wrote:The only change being made to any event is the current drop distribution. We will be moving to a points/bidding system like limbus...For those wondering about current attendance points, they will be transffered over with some deductions for gear already obtained.
How exactly is this going to work?
I've gone back through the forums as well as asked some folks to see hat gear they've already obtained. I did -1 for each piece obtained except for weapons which usually ended up being picked up from the floor. The Sky section is updated ith current points.

Lechero wrote: the next Wlegs drop will not go up for bid. That drop will go to achill who will be a full time PLD in those situations.
Kewlman wrote:And this is wrong.
Your 100% correct it is wrong. I was being selfish in that i wanted to have an advantage when we needed to do kited fights. The next w:legs will go up for bid along with every other piece of gear in sky.

The bidding system will be done in tiers and you must have the appropriate job leveled to where the gear can be equipped. Also, you must also have attended 2 of the last 3 Sky God events in order to bid.

Using W:legs as an example:

Tier I (First rights to bid): PLD . RDM
Tier II (Second rights to bid where tier I did not apply OR there is nobody locked into the second drop): RNG . COR
Tier III (Third rights where the above does not apply apply): DRK . DRG . BLU

I've seen this system in a couple of shells and believe it to be fair while at the same time making what jobs are used during event's stronger.

Tidus, the ls bank ill continue to function in the same way it did before. Quick question, I couldn't quite tell in your reply what your status is. Will you be continuing to participate with Sky/sea/limbus or will you just be popping in and assisting where you can?

For Limbus, JP & DW will be taking over. They'll be updating the Limbus section with info.

We will be adding ZNM as an event. Aub will be leading that and is in the process of setting it up, please check the ZNM section if you are interested.

Mika, I like the idea of getting back to some Atomic Saturday event's like pop NM's and such when the ls get's in gear again.

About the Sky to Sea ratio, I don't think it should change. I actually wanted to get back to running both every week but it'll have to wait until we have the numbers. We have new people coming in whose only option atm is Sky. And to be honest i expect to see more veterans leaving sky meaning more recruiting will have to be done for it, which in turn will probably bring in more people that have sky access only. Let's face it the majority of people with sea access have already run through sky.

I will be leading a CoP Static starting 12/19. Every Saturday morning at 9AM EST, just the way tanj tortured me when i first came in (9AM ain't so bad actually, Tanj had me up at 7AM -.-). Hopefully this will get us some more people into sea and limbus.

- Lech

Lechero
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Justinp Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:11 am

Lechero wrote:The bidding system will be done in tiers and you must have the appropriate job leveled to where the gear can be equipped. Also, you must also have attended 2 of the last 3 Sky God events in order to bid.

Tier II (Second rights to bid where tier I did not apply OR there is nobody locked into the second drop): RNG . COR

I've seen this system in a couple of shells and believe it to be fair while at the same time making what jobs are used during event's stronger.
- Lech

I still kinda don't agree with this. I always like the idea of W.Legs going to a more useful job, but I still feel it's unfair to people who worked harder for them. For example:

Dancingweapon has 75 COR and has been in the shell for, lets say... 8 months. Justinp has 75 PLD and 75 RDM and has been in the shell for only a month. Just because I'm a PLD and RDM, I don't feel I should get them before someone who's been in the shell longer than me. No matter what the job, you still get a use out of them so it's not like they are going to complete waste. Whether it's running to the Auction House 12% faster, pulling, or kiting Kirin. Of course this is an example because DW hasn't been in for 8 months and I've been in over a month. That and I already have W.Legs.

If you guys want to do it this way (by jobs) then I feel you need to adjust it so that the length of time you've been in the shell is a factor (but doing this will put even more stress on you). This is the very same reason why a lot of people get their big piece of gear and leave the shell so quickly. Of course, whatever you guys do with the lotting system is up to you.

Justinp
Advanced Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacq Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:04 am

At this time I will continue to participate in the linkshell events as much as my schedule can allow. I live on the west coast so it is hard to make the scheduled events during the week.

Yes, depending on the event and whether I can make it or not.

I don't have an opinion either way.

Thanks Lechero for taking over this role. I am sure we will all try to support as much as we can.

Jacq
New Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:15 am

Lechero wrote:Your 100% correct it is wrong. I was being selfish in that i wanted to have an advantage when we needed to do kited fights. The next w:legs will go up for bid along with every other piece of gear in sky.

The bidding system will be done in tiers and you must have the appropriate job leveled to where the gear can be equipped. Also, you must also have attended 2 of the last 3 Sky God events in order to bid.

This is even worse. I can't even begin to say how wrong this is. No job deserves a piece of gear over a player.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bourdainer1 Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:35 pm

Kewlman keeps forgetting to post the plan that he feels would be more fair than what's been proposed so far. Kewl, could you please lay out that plan for everyone's consideration? I for one would like to have a drop distribution plan that satisfies everyone.

Bourdainer1
Advanced Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dancingweapon Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:37 pm

Bourdainer1 wrote:Kewlman keeps forgetting to post the plan that he feels would be more fair than what's been proposed so far. Kewl, could you please lay out that plan for everyone's consideration? I for one would like to have a drop distribution plan that satisfies everyone.

Points? You get what you work for? This is how most shells do it and I feel what you put in you get out. Can't get much more fair than that.

Dancingweapon
Advanced Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:51 pm

Make a bidding system based on points. Who ever bids more points wins the piece. The only rule would be is the player must be able to equip the piece. Sea torques/capes might have to be worked a little different though.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lechero Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:05 pm

Justinp wrote:

I still kinda don't agree with this. I always like the idea of W.Legs going to a more useful job, but I still feel it's unfair to people who worked harder for them. For example:

Dancingweapon has 75 COR and has been in the shell for, lets say... 8 months. Justinp has 75 PLD and 75 RDM and has been in the shell for only a month. Just because I'm a PLD and RDM, I don't feel I should get them before someone who's been in the shell longer than me. No matter what the job, you still get a use out of them so it's not like they are going to complete waste. Whether it's running to the Auction House 12% faster, pulling, or kiting Kirin. Of course this is an example because DW hasn't been in for 8 months and I've been in over a month. That and I already have W.Legs.

If you guys want to do it this way (by jobs) then I feel you need to adjust it so that the length of time you've been in the shell is a factor (but doing this will put even more stress on you). This is the very same reason why a lot of people get their big piece of gear and leave the shell so quickly. Of course, whatever you guys do with the lotting system is up to you.

Pretty much any set up is stressful, but your 1/8 month ratio raises good point. I'll keep it simple and leave it to points with the 2/3 attendance in place.

Lechero
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lechero Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:18 pm

Kewlman wrote:Make a bidding system based on points. Who ever bids more points wins the piece. The only rule would be is the player must be able to equip the piece. Sea torques/capes might have to be worked a little different though.

I'll change it on the sky thread after sea.

For torques maybe add something where skill level corresponding to the torque is considered?

Lechero
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next