Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It is time for me to leave.

+6
Justinp
Warmachine
igu
Zano
Dancingweapon
Tanjer
10 posters

Go down

It is time for me to leave. Empty It is time for me to leave.

Post  Tanjer Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:54 am

Hey guys.

I will be leaving Final Fantasy by the end of this year 2009. The time to leave feels right for me.
For approximately 6 years I have been playing Final fantasy fulltime, nonstop, all the time. And I have
loved every minute of it. Almost.

A long time ago, I was a part of a big NA shell, Fury - that was my first encounter with endgame. The leaders there were some of the coolest players I had the pleasure of meeting ingame at that time (Orestes, Btexpress, Litant) and I have tried upon making my own linkshell - Atomic - to act like these players acted:

To be as fair as possible and to be as much a friend to everyone as I could be.

Over the last years, Atomic developed from being a social shell > CoP shell > endgame shell being active
in Sky and Sea. And in all honesty I think that we have been doing quite well with these events.

If I had not made Atomic I would not have had the chance to meet any of you, I would not have had the chance to share some of fantastic moments I have had with you all ingame.
I would not have had the chance to make the strong friendships that I have with some of you.

Atomic is the place by far that have meant the most to me ingame. This is my home when I log on, this is
where my friends are. It shows on my choice of Sackholders too.

I could have picked elitist players to have as Sackholders, but for me friendships have always been valued higher
than anything else ingame.

Mikata, Tenia, Warmachine, Bro:

Thank you for leading Atomic with me. Thank you for supporting me when I was down cause of drama ingame,
if RL took a shot at me or just if I needed answers to things I was unsure of.

Thank you for always being there for me.

To everyone in Atomic:
You are all fantastic persons. I am honored to have had the chance to get to know you all. I am honored that you chose Atomic as your home in Final Fantasy when there are so many shells to be a part of.

Thank you.

I am still active ingame for a short while, but I will not attend any kind of events apart from Limbus.
My time to play Final fantasy has come to a complete minimum and I need to focus on other things IRL
instead of playing games.

I am sure that Atomic can "survive" without me being there - there are still alot of Jailers and Kirin's to be popped.
It will require that you all stick together and keep going with the schedule that has been made, or make a new one that fits you all better.

I still have a high amount of pop sets for Jailers on my character and should you all decide not to keep going, those pop sets will be distributed fairly among everyone that helped farm.

At some point you have to leave. Now is the time for me. Cause I will be leaving with a smile on my face.

-Tanjer
Tanjer
Tanjer

https://www.facebook.com "Karsten Larsen" feel free to look me up

Back to top Go down

It is time for me to leave. Empty Re: It is time for me to leave.

Post  Dancingweapon Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:51 am

I haven't know you for long but I've been having fun so far, more so than any other shell I've been in for a long while. You're easy to talk to and answer questions no matter how nooby they are.

I know I will continue to be an Atomic member. Have fun in real life, hope it treats you well.

Last edited by Dancingweapon on Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I wrote ask instead of answer LOL Sorry Tanjer :P)

Dancingweapon
Advanced Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zano Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:15 pm

Yes, definately been fun Very Happy I'll definately keep my times in Atomic a perma-memory :p

maybe someday when I'm able to travel overseas, I'll hunt you down! *flexes* lolz. that's always been one of my goals: to visit many unique places.

Since you are just about done with FFXI, use the rest of your life to make that the best!! xD

Take care
Zano
Zano
Expert Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post  igu Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:07 am

Well, I would say: "Damn Boss, I will kick your ass for leaving us!" lol

But this time I'll just wish you the best and hope you have fun ok!? =P

Anyways, thank you for everything!
igu
igu
Expert Adventurer

http://www.goduto.com.br/

Back to top Go down

Post  Warmachine Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:02 pm

You will be back, when i ring ya crying about not getting my Kraken Club lol.

d00d, its been a pleausre getting to know you and being a part of atomic, the game wont be the same without you!!

I think you have done a fantastic job starting from nothing and achieving so much. I dont think people realise how much time goes into the organisation of events and getting the right jobs and tactics, the recruitment and also the amount of hasstle it also brings Very Happy but after you brought the curse of limbus onto me, bastard sword, i know fully understand the commitment of a leader, and respect you dearly for what you have achieved. You have taught me a great deal and i thank you for everything i have gotten from atomic, and hope you enjoyed the time we had together in the shell.

Also, let me know when your last few days will be, i wanna go to some old stomping grounds and take some pictures, obiously everyone is welcome to join us when we do that!!!!!!

Take Care Bro!!

War

Warmachine
Expert Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post  Justinp Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:19 pm

Dancingweapon wrote:I haven't know you for long but I've been having fun so far, more so than any other shell I've been in for a long while. You're easy to talk to and answer questions no matter how nooby they are.

I know I will continue to be an Atomic member. Have fun in real life, hope it treats you well.

This pretty much was my opinion also.

I'll miss ya, you were fun to be around while I've been in the shell, I'll continue to be in Atomic, and I hope your life treats you amazingly!

Justinp
Advanced Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanjer Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:56 am

Thank you for the kind words guys.

For those of you who wants to keep the contact, feel free to add me on your msn:

Specialduke@hotmail.com

or:

Facebook: Karsten Larsen, denmark.
The picture of me is the same one as I use as mư avatar on this forum.
Tanjer
Tanjer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dancingweapon Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:44 pm

Tanjer wrote:

Oh, it's not the one with the guitar?

Dancingweapon
Advanced Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanjer Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:27 pm

O thats the one yes lol. Forgot I changed it lol =).
Tanjer
Tanjer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zano Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:09 pm

Tanjer wrote:Thank you for the kind words guys.

For those of you who wants to keep the contact, feel free to add me on your msn:

Specialduke@hotmail.com

or:

I think I poked the right Karsten on there =P
Zano
Zano
Expert Adventurer

Back to top Go down

It is time for me to leave. Empty Good luck and see you again

Post  Jacq Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:17 pm

Hey Tanjer,

Its has been hard to post a reply because I became a little emotional. I have abandoment issues when it comes to all the friends I made on this game. I just would like to thank you for all the time and effort that you have put into this linkshell. I remember when this shell was a rinky dink linkshell with the hopes and dreams of doing sea and sky and now it has transformed in to doing a lot of endgame events and none of it would have been possible if you had not helped us get through the dreaded CoP missions and your commitment to getting us through. I very much appreciate the time that you took to do that. And I understand that the time has come for you to move on and do something else and I want to wish you the best in all that you do from here on out. You will definitely be missed and I'll still bug you on Xbox live if I see you online...really dragon age: origins is it that good? Anyways take care of yourself and see around later. (I hate goodbyes lol).

Jacq
New Adventurer

Back to top Go down

It is time for me to leave. Empty Tanbro! /kneel with all respect

Post  Byla Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:48 pm

If you do stay away I will be so happy for you. This game sucks the life from your viens until you are strong enough to say "Enough, I'm done". I both love and hate this game. (Stolen from Lord of the Rings) hehe.
We will miss you but... attaboy! Enjoy RL.
Sorry that Ten & I havn't been on much we've been having our own little battles w RL > game.
I would like to thank you for all you did for Ten & I.
You were always up when things could have been down and made this game as enjoyable as possible to us EVERY time we were around you.

Much Respect,

Bbro
Byla
Byla
Advanced Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenia Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:42 pm

Tanjer, my little Noob, I'm so happy for you yet sad to see the end of this saga in game. I hope that you will stay in contact. I still plan on taking a trip to my ancestral home and hope that we'll be able to meet you face to face and share a few beers together when we get there.

You've been the magnet to keep me playing, above and beyond my dear husband. I hope that you don't look back. Keep your life moving forward. You know how many times I've called it, only to be pulled back in kicking and screaming all the way. I think it's the best thing that your lady didn't pick up a controller. Very Happy

Don't ditch that xbox or that headset, we want to be able to be able to hear your voice from time to time and hear how you're doing and share some other adventures together.
Tenia
Tenia
Expert Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikata Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:05 pm

Tanjer... you and I have talked, so you know how I feel Very Happy Crying or Very sad

but for the record.. I am happy you are embracing life... although I am selfishly sad because I will miss your upbeat, we-can-do-eet attitude, even when everyone was eating dirt, because it made me a believer, too.

I, too, think the best things we come away from this game are the relationships. Sometimes it is accomplishing hard tasks, sometimes it is just farming, and other times it is goofing off..., but with friends it is much more fun, enjoyable and memorable. So, for that I want to thank you for all of the help, memories, fun times, not to mention the Tanjer Tours, Inc., and /sigh... even the dirt-sampling expeditions..

I am happy and proud to count you as a friend and I wish you all the best in life.

-Mika

Mikata
Advanced Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanjer Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:34 pm

Jacq wrote:Hey Tanjer,

Its has been hard to post a reply because I became a little emotional.

Same Jacq - I must admit it is a bit harder than I thought to say goodbye.

Jacq wrote:I have abandoment issues when it comes to all the friends I made on this game. I just would like to thank you for all the time and effort that you have put into this linkshell.

You are one of the players in which I treasured the friendship we have/had. When we were online at the same time and had time for it, we always had good conversations. I will not forget that Jacq - thank you for being my friend.

Jacq wrote:I remember when this shell was a rinky dink linkshell with the hopes and dreams of doing sea and sky and now it has transformed in to doing a lot of endgame events and none of it would have been possible if you had not helped us get through the dreaded CoP missions and your commitment to getting us through.

Doing CoP with everyone who wanted me to help was probably the most fun I have ever had ingame. There are countless names that I remember going through CoP with not only my help, but also the help from pretty much all my friends ingame. Once again, you all helped me make this possible.
I made alot of friends doing CoP and most of you are still in Atomic! <3

Jacq wrote:I very much appreciate the time that you took to do that. And I understand that the time has come for you to move on and do something else and I want to wish you the best in all that you do from here on out.).

Thank you! I will miss you Jacq - you are a fantastic person.

Jacq wrote:You will definitely be missed and I'll still bug you on Xbox live if I see you online...really dragon age: origins is it that good? Anyways take care of yourself and see around later. (I hate goodbyes lol).

YES DRAGON AGE is that good XD. Bring your headset bro - I want to chat with you =).
Tanjer
Tanjer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down