Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calling time on Limbus for me and End Game stuff

4 posters

Go down

Calling time on Limbus for me and End Game stuff Empty Calling time on Limbus for me and End Game stuff

Post  Warmachine Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:06 am

I have been mulling this over in my head ever since Tanjers post, but i am gonna try in keep it short and sweet(after reading back, realised its neither lol).

Regarding Limbus

As i said to everyone on Sunday, we have lost 5-6 really good people and jobs (maybe more but can only think or Teni/Byla/Shiia/Cyran/Amyil/Lordy) and then there are the other people we helped get gear or Sea access in the past, who simply didnt come help in Limbus. We are very thin on the ice with regards to people and competing with bosses. I have no interest in leading and doing all which comes along with the responibility of it, its not what i percieve fun. When i took on the role, i was trying to assist Tanjer due to the repsponsibility he had as leader of the shell, and now with him leaving it takes a very big part of my desire to do End game with him.

Everything is in place if someone wants to take this role on, but i have asked this a few times before and no one has come forward to do it, but the points system is there, the attendance, the chips etc so in theory its just a leader and people that are needed.

I am truely sorry for people who have been waiting for Ultima and gear from that, but with all the disruptions and ongoings throughout the year, i really thought after we got these Chip sets we could at least get a couple done. I do feel bad that it seems like we are not going to be able to get the chip sets used up, maybe we could get 18 people together soon and get them used as there are a few people who really deserve the gear after all the time they have put in. For me i will have to ask people who have come and gone from Atomic to see if they are willing to help, because my RL friends done have Sea access. And if people are able to get some helpers, then i will by all means setup the runs to get the chip sets used.

Atomic/End Game

After reading all the posts about the direction the shell is going to take after Tanjer leaves, i can only see one conclusion, End game dies when Tanjer leaves. I think i am being realistic in saying this as people have offered to lead some events in the interim period until a suitable replacement is found, but how do you find this person??! No one in the shell wants the job and who is going to activly go and find that somebody, realistically?

Its actually been very liberating not to attend events for me, its given me a nice oppotunity to do other things with my Wife/friends and new games (CoD is sic!!). You may or not see how much time you actually spend in game, but when you take a break, you suddenly realise.

Conclusion

After 1 full year of end game, i am stopping it. Atomic is my home and i have a lot of friends there, who i am always willing to help if they ever need my assistance. And if there are events i can make that people organise, hit me up and i will come. My problem i, I have no real desire for gear anymore, i just want to log on to have Fun, and as sad as this sounds, losing a RL friend, Tidus, Chasey and Tanjer from game has severly affected my desire to logon to this game, you guys "Got me".

I hope people can understand how i feel, and i do sincerly apologise for the way limbus more than likely will end.

War

Warmachine
Expert Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Calling time on Limbus for me and End Game stuff Empty Re: Calling time on Limbus for me and End Game stuff

Post  Lechero Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:29 am

Sent you a PM [Warcry][Machine]. I'll check for response when I wake up this afternoon Cool

Lechero
Admin

Back to top Go down

Calling time on Limbus for me and End Game stuff Empty EndGame

Post  tidustom Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:20 pm

Warmachine

Makes me sad to read your post but I fully understand how you feel, You have been a great friend in the 2+ years We have known each other, starting with EU Gods, we had some great times together. The game was fun then, we achieved lots together. died lots too, but we had fun.
Atomic is my home too and I wont leave it, but I'm not having the fun that I would like, but I would like to carry on playing and if you and any other members want to put the fun back, lets hear from you. Seriousness I get at work don't need it when I'm trying to escape the real world.
I have attended most events in Atomic over the last year, except for the 2 months break I had. I have not completed my wish list, possibly only received 3 items (could be more) but I have enjoyed playing and helping all the members of the linkshell.

Kirin's Osode will never be mine, my name was there for it once but ?????? 3 years I've waited for that, So no more sky for me.

Gone off the path a bit !

War your a great friend and I'll be there for you whatever.
tidustom
tidustom
Advanced Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Calling time on Limbus for me and End Game stuff Empty Re: Calling time on Limbus for me and End Game stuff

Post  Mikata Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:30 pm

War,

I understand, at least I think I do. I, too, feel a big hole in the LS. The shell is very quiet these days (except when that cheeky Jello is on^^ ~hehe).

Atomic began as Tanjer's dream and no one else can really carry Tanjer's dream on, it must become someone else's. Now that peeps are stepping up to take on leadership responsibilities, I am hopeful Atomic will evolve. I also hope that Tanjer's legacy is recognized as the time spent in-game is about friends having fun while sometimes also doing endgame stuff..together (dirt and all). That would be very cool and I think, maybe, possible.

Still the hole in Atomic is, well, at least unsettling atm. I am hopeful it will heal with time and as personalities emerge.

I just wanted to let you know that I for one was very happy with all you did for AtomicLimbo. You were very organized and knowledgeable in how you led the runs. You instituted a bidding system that has worked. People were treated fairly. Thank you! No one can or should ask for more. The way it is now is not your fault; it is just happenstance of timing and other people's availability. Please do not blame yourself in any way. Participation is voluntary, we can not make ppl show for events.

Hang in there young man and enjoy how you spend your free time, as it should be rewarding. And, I encourage you to spend a bunch of that time with your wife Smile ~ a good investment in your future! Having said that, I hope Atomic can once again become a fun place for you to hang in, although, by definition, it will never be quite the same as before.

-Mika

Mikata
Advanced Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down