Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Important Question!!! Please read and reply

+11
Dancingweapon
Saigon
Tanjer
igu
Justinp
Lechero
DarkRaziel
Mikata
roe
Bourdainer1
Warmachine
15 posters

Go down

An Important Question!!!  Please read and reply Empty An Important Question!!! Please read and reply

Post  Warmachine Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:11 pm

Please reply to this, so we can at least prepare for the departure of Tanjer.

As we know, Tanjer is going to leave the game in the New Year, we have also lost a few other players in recent months. So i am basically asking 3 simple questions, after Tanjer leaves, do you plan to :-

a.) Become the leader of atomic and plan events for those who are staying?
b.) Have atomic as a social shell?
c.) Leave atomic altogether?

Like i said, please reply. It gives people the oppotunity to then plan what direction they will be going within FFXI.

Thank you

War

Warmachine
Expert Adventurer

Back to top Go down

An Important Question!!!  Please read and reply Empty Re: An Important Question!!! Please read and reply

Post  Bourdainer1 Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:46 pm

Warm:

To strictly reply to your very pertinent questions --

a) I have no ability or interest in a LS lead role
b) I would be honored to continue as a social member of Atomic
c) I have no plans to leave the LS at this time

Note: IMHO there are a bunch of other issues to be addressed at a later time.

Bourdainer1
Advanced Adventurer

Back to top Go down

An Important Question!!!  Please read and reply Empty Re: An Important Question!!! Please read and reply

Post  Warmachine Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:03 am

Wow i thought everyones keyboards were broke.

Thanks Bourd for your input.

I will answer my own questions:-

A.) No
B.) Works for me
C.) Not unless i am in there on my own, talking to myself like a deranged OAP.

Warmachine
Expert Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post  roe Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:01 am

a.) nope
b.) sure, i dont use anyother LS
c.) nope

roe
New Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikata Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:44 am

War - you raise a very good set of questions! Showing your natural leadership abilities Very Happy

I do not have the time to research and lead events. It has been and continues to be my pleasure and privilege to be associated with the Atomic LS, and I would continue in it as a (social) shell if others are going to stay as well. (Empty linkshells are so depressing...)

-Mika

Mikata
Advanced Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRaziel Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:09 am

Truthfully I've been avoiding this thread hoping Tanjer would post an "Only Joking" thread.

Unfortunately I do not believe Atomic will be the same Linkshell when Tanjer leaves at new year, I can see older members leaving for more active Linkshells and I can see recruitment dropping to a point where the Linkshell will be unsuitable even for a social Linkshell.

I'd hate to see that happen and it would be a shame to see all the hard work Tanjer has put in the Linkshell go to waste. Not forgetting the time and effort the members have put in. Believe it or not, Atomic Sea has accomplished an awful lot in such a short amount of time, Jailer of Justice is accepted to be the hardest Tier II Jailer and we beat him 3/4 times on what has been a lot of members 1st time. We are closer to Jailer of Love than a lot of people may realise and I refuse to give up at this point and split.

With that in mind I am not a suitable leader for this Linkshell and I could never be the leader Tanjer was. I have no problem leading Linkshell Events in the interim until a suitable leader can be chosen but I would add a few more events to the Linkshell calendar such as ZNM and SCNM farming days.

However I am terrible at distributing drops and a lot of members may disagree with my method of prioritising drops, for example I would award Warmachine and Achil the next W.Legs regardless of who has worked harder or been more active in the Linkshell because I believe that 2 PLD's having movement speed + for kiting purposes would be more beneficial than a RDM/DRK/RNG/DRG/BLU/COR to run 12% faster to the Auction House. So for that very reason I refuse to handle item distribution, so if someone is willing to pick up that area of leadership I'd have no problem leading Atomic Events until a more suitable leader takes over.

If it looks like Atomic is going to split after the New Year I will start looking for a new event Linkshell to call home, however with Quetzalcoatl’s EU population almost nonexistent I will probably look for another event Linkshell on a more EU active server, but any decision I make will be announced on this forum 1st. Lastly I will not move servers/Linkshell carrying any of Atomic’s popset’s, complete or incomplete, these will be returned to a current sackholder (Mikata or Chasey) and a decision can be made on how they will be split.

So War to answer your questions:
I will lead Linkshell events in the interim but not handle drop distribution
No – I am looking for an event Linkshell
Yes - If Atomic looks like it will break after New Year

Finally I would like to thank Tanjer for the time and effort he has put in to this Linkshell, if it wasn’t for Tanjer’s hard work, Atomic would not be the successful Linkshell it is right now.

-DR

DarkRaziel
Advanced Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lechero Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:35 pm

- No, becoming lead for the entire LS is not something I currently have the time for. Could i pick up one of the events/activities; possibly.

- Doubt it.

- More than likely if we don't get an LS lead.

I refuse to handle item distribution, so if someone is willing to pick up that area of leadership I'd have no problem leading Atomic Events until a more suitable leader takes over.

- Dark, get at me in game so we can discuss this.

Lechero
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Justinp Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:16 pm

Even though I'm still fairly new, I'll put in some input!

Nah. While I don't mind being a leader of most things, (lead a complete event shell, a sky shell, 2 salvage shells, and still leading my Einherjar shell) I don't play as much anymore to even think about putting my mind towards another whole linkshell. If someone ever needs advice on any event or help running some events, of course I don't mind helping. That's been my main goal the last year anyway (helping people). But yeah, I wouldn't plan on leading the shell at all unless it was a "someone step up to lead or the shell breaks" situation. Then I'd do my best until someone else can step up.

I don't have any other social type shells, so why not?

I wouldn't leave unless everyone else did and it was just me. I didn't really want to do many events anymore in game but I've been having fun with you guys so I'll definitely stay whether it's just a social or an event shell.

Justinp
Advanced Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post  igu Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:56 am

a.) no!

b.) yes!

c.) no!
igu
igu
Expert Adventurer

http://www.goduto.com.br/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanjer Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:40 am

DarkRaziel wrote:Truthfully I've been avoiding this thread hoping Tanjer would post an "Only Joking" thread.

I wish it was so too Dark. I wish I felt like keep going and I wish the game could still offer some fun for me. I have loved playing the game and I have enjoyed spending time with everyone that came to Atomic.

DarkRaziel wrote:Unfortunately I do not believe Atomic will be the same Linkshell when Tanjer leaves at new year, I can see older members leaving for more active Linkshells and I can see recruitment dropping to a point where the Linkshell will be unsuitable even for a social Linkshell.

I'd hate to see that happen and it would be a shame to see all the hard work Tanjer has put in the Linkshell go to waste. Not forgetting the time and effort the members have put in. Believe it or not, Atomic Sea has accomplished an awful lot in such a short amount of time, Jailer of Justice is accepted to be the hardest Tier II Jailer and we beat him 3/4 times on what has been a lot of members 1st time. We are closer to Jailer of Love than a lot of people may realise and I refuse to give up at this point and split.

I would be sad to see the popsets that we collected, go to waste. I was hoping for someone like you Dark - to post that you would offer to lead the events. You are a good player, you have a lot of knowledge about Sea as well as Sky. Having you to lead the events, set up groups and stuff like that, would really count for alot. You are a person that we all know as a great guy.

DarkRaziel wrote:With that in mind I am not a suitable leader for this Linkshell and I could never be the leader Tanjer was. I have no problem leading Linkshell Events in the interim until a suitable leader can be chosen but I would add a few more events to the Linkshell calendar such as ZNM and SCNM farming days.

Adding more events to the shell, would also be a welcomed thing I think. There will always be gear to collect and fun fights to do. ZNM and SCNM would definetly be worthwhile.

DarkRaziel wrote:However I am terrible at distributing drops and a lot of members may disagree with my method of prioritising drops, for example I would award Warmachine and Achil the next W.Legs regardless of who has worked harder or been more active in the Linkshell because I believe that 2 PLD's having movement speed + for kiting purposes would be more beneficial than a RDM/DRK/RNG/DRG/BLU/COR to run 12% faster to the Auction House. So for that very reason I refuse to handle item distribution, so if someone is willing to pick up that area of leadership I'd have no problem leading Atomic Events until a more suitable leader takes over.

The way I distributed drops, was - in all honesty - probably 70% right and 30% wrong. You see - I wanted the ones that helped farm to get gear, no matter what. I was not (a little bit maybe, but not enough) really looking at the shells benefit but mostly for the player. For instance, if someone had 3 different jobs, mage being his/her main but the player also had a job on the side that was used for something else - if that player had Byakko's haidates on his/her wishlist and helped farm - then the player would get the drop, if he/she was up for it.

Like it or not, that was how I wanted it to be. Not really beneficial for the shell as a whole, but definetly beneficial for the player that came to every event.

I like your idea about distributing drops Dark. If the shell wants to move to Tier III in Sea and be able to keep spamming Tier I and Tier II, some kind of change to drops should be made, so the right jobs will get the right gear.

ZNM and SCNM would really make it worthwhile on that behalf too. The players are there to make it happen.

DarkRaziel wrote:If it looks like Atomic is going to split after the New Year I will start looking for a new event Linkshell to call home, however with Quetzalcoatl’s EU population almost nonexistent I will probably look for another event Linkshell on a more EU active server, but any decision I make will be announced on this forum 1st. Lastly I will not move servers/Linkshell carrying any of Atomic’s popset’s, complete or incomplete, these will be returned to a current sackholder (Mikata or Chasey) and a decision can be made on how they will be split.

I never wanted Atomic to split and I really hope that that will not happen. Even if I am gone, we got the base in Atomic to keep going. Having 14-15 pop sets for Kirin, having ALOT of Jailer pop sets would be the major reasons to keep going guys.

DarkRaziel wrote:Finally I would like to thank Tanjer for the time and effort he has put in to this Linkshell, if it wasn’t for Tanjer’s hard work, Atomic would not be the successful Linkshell it is right now.

Thank you Dark. On a chilly cold rainy Sunday it really warmths me to see that what I did for Atomic was appreciated. It takes more than one player to make a Linkshell successful. It takes time, patience and dedication from friends and members. I thank each and everyone of you for being there and I urge you all to keep playing in Atomic. You have a huge number of fights coming your way guys, dont miss out just because I am not there any longer.

-Tanjer
Tanjer
Tanjer

https://www.facebook.com "Karsten Larsen" feel free to look me up

Back to top Go down

Post  Lechero Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:34 pm

For Apachie:

- Become the leader of atomic and plan events for those who are staying?
- No

- Have atomic as a social shell?
- Yes

- Leave atomic altogether?
- No

Lechero
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saigon Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:45 pm

A.) Nothanks
B.) I will continue to come to endgame events as scheduled but i am barley on other than that anymore.
C.) I will stick around as long as others do also.
Saigon
Saigon
New Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dancingweapon Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:51 pm

Become the leader?

No, I don't work well under pressure at all lmao.

Have Atomic as a soical shell?

If it stopped doing events I guess I would still use it to speak with you guys.

Leave Atomic all together?

I would hope we would carry events on so I wouldn't have to find another shell again. I really like the shell even though I haven't been here all that long.

@Darkraziel

I wouldn't mind you leading the shell but, I wouldn't want you to handle drops if that's the way you would do it as I think the get what you put in method is better. Also as long as the added events had separate points from the ones currently running then I wouldn't mind. I like having a loose schedule and don't think I would like to see any more events. I know ZNMs get really boring really fast and I duo/trio most of the NMs if I need something.

Dancingweapon
Advanced Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post  Shiia Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:42 am

I am still new to the Linkshell, and I do not think I can cope with such responsabilities. So my answer is No.

Why not? its hard enough to find a shell with europeans in it. And had alot of fun being in Atomic

Don't see the reason to. I will stick around till the shell entirely collapses.

Been away for some time due to RL work schedule, but hopefully back soon. Still am in a mess but better than few weeks back.

Shiia
Advanced Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zano Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:28 am

These answers are all depending on if I get a new video card soon, because the one I have now decided to.... die on me

1) No thanks
2) I wouldn't mind
3) Only if my new schedule screws up my timing and I'm not able to attend any events, but still keep as a social shell, if all possible.
Zano
Zano
Expert Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post  Byla Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:59 pm

Warmachine wrote:Please reply to this, so we can at least prepare for the departure of Tanjer.

As we know, Tanjer is going to leave the game in the New Year, we have also lost a few other players in recent months. So i am basically asking 3 simple questions, after Tanjer leaves, do you plan to :-

a.) Become the leader of atomic and plan events for those who are staying?- Not on enough to lead
b.) Have atomic as a social shell?- Will do, always look forward to my time w Mikata, Board, Atef, etc, doing stuff for LS.
c.) Leave atomic altogether?- No plans to leave, although Ten & I were mostly on to help LS becuase of Tanjer.
But we have a loyalty to Atomic and will help whenever possible.

Like i said, please reply. It gives people the oppotunity to then plan what direction they will be going within FFXI.

Thank you

War
Byla
Byla
Advanced Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenia Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:45 pm

I am not on enough to lead. This won't improve next year as I take on more volunteer work IRL.
I am rarely on, but don't plan on leaving the LS until I quit the game.
/waits for the crying and lamentations from Byla
Tenia
Tenia
Expert Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down